What is eVisa for Madagascar?
It is an electronic visa issued by the border police in the non-immigrant category, valid for a stay of less than 60 days.
The eVisa system applies to tourist visas only.
What are the specifics of the Madagascar eVisa?
It is a set of systems:
- Recording each crossing on a centralized database
- Traceability of all visa fee payments
- Control (of travel documents, mobility control, exit control)
- Issuance of the secure electronic sticker
What are the main benefits?
Streamlining at ports of entry
Homeland and passenger security
Provide reliable and consistent information and statistics on immigration
eVisa Madagascar instructions
STEP 1: I enter my personal informations
I create an account on evisamada.gov.mg in the « Visa Application » tab, then click on « register » by entering my name, personal email address and password.
I authenticate myself with my account. A new window « Create a new application » appears. I click on « online application » and fill in my form.
STEP 2: I confirm my travel dates
I choose the duration of my stay, I communicate my date of arrival in Madagascar
STEP 3: I download my landing permit
I validate my application and download my disembarkation authorisation which I present at the eVisa counters upon my arrival in Madagascar.
|1 to 15 days||16 to 30 days||31 to 60 days|
|115000 MGA||135000 MGA|
|10 USD||37 USD||45 USD|
|10 EUR||35 EUR||40 EUR|
- Currently only the tourist visa is supported by the eVisa system
- The tourist eVisa is a single entry visa with a maximum duration of 60 days.
- Diplomats and employees of certain organizations are exempt from visa fees
Electronic authorization of travel
- An Electronic Travel Authorization is issued no later than 72 hours after validation of your online registration
- The document is to be printed or kept in the smartphone for police control upon arrival